If this is the answer what is the question?
The «scribbles» of Dougie Harley
I have studied Music and Photography. I am completely self taught in my drawing style.
- Which are the materials that you use?
I use a calligraphy pen with winsor and Newton inks and hot press watercolour paper
- At what age have you realized that you wanted to become an artist and in what occasion?
I have always been interested in art in many forms. From a very young age I showed a huge interest in drawing until Music and then photography. I guess I’ve now gone full circle, although I still work in all those subjects.
- What makes you feel proud of your work?
I feel proud of my work when I see it hung on a wall.
- Who is your favorite artist?
My favourite artist is a writer and illustrator called Tom Sears
. He does a lot of work with animals and his talents never seem to end.
- What kind of work would you like to have created?
I love to work in my darkroom and one day would really like to mix my style of drawing with photography – I just need to figure out how first.
- What can you tell about your character, as a remnant of your teenage years?
I’m quite stubborn, I’m really bad at asking for help. I think I struggled through school because of that.
- What haven’t you done and still would like to do?
I would like to travel South America and I also still haven’t found a way to let my brain rest – I’m constantly thinking.
- A word about your next projects
My upcoming projects will involve large scale scribbles of cities. I need to get my drawings bigger!
Thank you Dougie!
You can see more of scribbles on Dougie’s site.
Editing: Eleftheria Vonaparti